SUBMISSIONS TEMPORARILY ARE CLOSED AS OF 12/12/12.
We are open to submissions of horror, science fiction, and dark fantasy between 1,000 to 7,500 words in length. We want you to scare us. If your story doesn’t incite dread, give us nightmares, or make us feel extremely unsettled, it’s probably not for us. Gore is acceptable, but not at the cost of story.
- Send your manuscript attached to an e-mail as either a .RTF file, .Doc, or .DocX in standard manuscript format — double spaced, numbered pages, size 12 Times New Roman or Courier font.
- In the subject line please type, “Submission: Name of Story, Author”
- You can write a nice cover letter, but chances are it wont be read. The title of the story and number of words will suffice.
- Do not send simultaneous submissions, multiple submissions or reprints.
- If you don’t hear back from us within 45 days feel free to check on your story, but chances are we’re just backed up.
Submissions of poetry should fit on a single page and have a strong horror theme. Show us something we haven’t seen before. We publish poetry very selectively, so don’t be surprised if your masterpiece receives a rejection. If you are going to rhyme, you better write as well as Poe.
- Send your manuscript attached to an e-mail as either a .RTF file, .Doc, or .DocX in standard manuscript forman — double spaced, size 12 Times New Roman or Courier font.
- In the subject line please type, “Poetry Submission: Name of Story, Author“
- You can write a nice cover letter, but chances are it wont be read. The title of the poem will suffice.
- Do no send simultaneous submissions. Multiple submissions of poetry are allowed, but please send all poems for our consideration in a single e-mail.
- If you don’t hear back from us within 45 days feel free to check on the status of your submissions, but chances are we’re just backed up.
Abomination Magazine is always looking for artists that want to illustrate stories or supply cover art. Only Artwork with a strong horror/science fiction theme will be considered.
- Send us a few pieces that we can keep on file for reference or point us in the direction of an online portfolio.
- You should hear back from us within 45 days, but if you don’t, please feel free to query about your submission.
- All artists will receive a contributor’s copy of the magazine in which their work appears and will have an artist’s page located at AbominationMagazine.com with a short biography and examples of their work. Sorry, no monetary payment at this time.
For original fiction and poetry, we buy first world rights, exclusive for three months. Following the three months of exclusive rights, we require nine months of non-exclusive electronic rights. For artwork, we take non-exclusive digital print rights.
Abomination Magazine pays 1 cent per word USD for short fiction and US$6 per poem. Author will receive payment upon publication in any issue of Abomination Magazine. Stories selected as featured fiction will not receive monetary payment at this time, however, anyone that has been accepted as a featured author is greatly encouraged to submit additional work for consideration.
Please send all submissions to Submissions@AbominationMagazine.com